TEEN BOARDING SCHOOLS
Encourage Your Boy to Learn
Want to help your son to make the most of his education? Here are some tips:
- Encourage reading skills by introducing books that appeal to a boy. Look for books on how things work, how to make things, or rousing adventure stories that are unobtrusively packed with science and history.
- Allow boys to move around while thinking about and doing assignments. Look for interactive projects that will help to teach math and science concepts.
- Have your young child draw something he wants to write about first so he can visualize the information while writing.
- Limit video and computer games (and all screen time), for all ages. Make the occasional screen time a science or history DVD or quality film.
- Encourage boys to take note on laptop computers if possible since most boys can't take notes as quickly as can girls.
- Talk to teachers and other parents about making your boy's educational experience more boy-friendly. Teachers should have training in gender differences in learning and should be able to incorporate some of this knowledge in the classroom.